Sunday, 11 March 2012

If music be the food of love, play on...

I have many loves in my life…no no I'm not talking about men before you think it haha...but loves that are important in my life…such as...
FRIENDS
FAMILY
KING ZEB
SWIMMING (THIS IS NOT ME, OBVIOUSLY)
HIKING (AGAIN THIS IS NOT ME)
AND OF COURSE...VODKA (HAD TO INCLUDE MY LOVE FOR THE POTATO BASED PRODUCT - BEING POTATO BASED DOES IT MEAN THIS IS PART OF MY 5 A DAY? HAHA)
One of my major loves is music!! I know that everyone probably says they love music but it truly is one of the great loves in my life.  I am not one of those people that has to go for the really obscure styles of music in order to say I love music.  I’m the kind of person that usually likes a song regardless of who it is by, whether it’s cool to like that band or singer, whether it’s cheesy pop music or something a little bit heavier.

I listen to music whenever it is possible…it’s on in the car on every trip I do, even if it’s just a 5 minute car journey…when I’m walking around the supermarket I plug the headphones into my phone and away I go into my own world and listen to music…when I’m cleaning or even cooking in the house I’ll have music playing either through my computer or again through my phone or ipod…heck, I’m even listening to music now as I write this.
For me music serves so many purposes in my life…keeping me sane in the supermarket when it’s crazy busy haha, stopping boredom kicking in when I’m driving somewhere (which usually involves me singing and dancing away in the car and I get some strange looks that’s for sure)…I love music for lyrics, there’s always a song that describes how I’m feeling, whether it’s about a certain situation, a certain mood or emotion or even just something that makes me want to dance.

Although I love music for all the different reasons I love it when the songs are representative of how I’m feeling the most, describing the feelings I have.  I usually have a song at the end of my blogs which are usually indicative of how I’m feeling, the last song I posted being one of those.  

I’m a girl who pretty much wears her heart on her sleeve; it’s easy to see my mood and emotions because I am a sensitive person. I agree with friends that say I’m pretty much transparent and it’s near on impossible for me to hide my feelings whether they are happy ones or ones of hurt or disappointment.  Some people may see this as a weakness but for me it’s a strength of mine because it means you’ll always know what you get with me, no pretence, no games about what’s bothering me or how I’m feeling etc.  My friends have commented that the CD or Ipod playlist in my car gives an idea of how I’m feeling.  I use music to express the things I sometimes to put into my own words.

I have no idea if I’ve made any sense which this post but music and how I use it has been on my mind for a while and thought I would try and make some sense of it.  I guess what I’m saying is I love how I’m able to express my feelings through music and without it I might go a little bit insane haha.

I'm going to do the same as I normally do and finish my blog with a song, I love this song, if for no other reason than I can only ever remember the first two lines when I'm singing the song on it's own and it drives my friend insane haha 

Ed Sheeran - Lego House (Yes the guy in the video is from Harry Potter - Ed Sheeran features at the very end of the video in the green hoodie - the likeness is pretty scary haha)

Have a good weekend.

Caite xo

8 comments:

  1. Hello! Found you through the blog hop and I'm following you. :)

    http://newmommyconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going with the 5 a day :)
    But I do know what you mean...I relate everything to song and sound. It seems like there is a song or sound that related to all situations.

    Come by Lucy's when you get a chance :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from the I Love My Online Friends Monday Hop! http://queenofsavings.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi following through the blog hop.
    I'd love for you to follow back
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG you remind me a little me :) BTW try Ciroc (did I spell that right??) It's a French vodka made from grapes - super smooth :) Anyhoo, stopping in from today’s blog hop – would LOVE the return favor of a follow via GFC and Facebook (I just made my page today … need all the help I can muster 
    Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there!!! I am your newest follower you can follow me back here:
    Blog- http://acountrygirlcan.blogspot.com/
    Twitter- https://twitter.com/#!/acountrygirlcan
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Country-Girls-NOT-So-Simple-Life/218906654823459
    I look forward to reading your future posts :)
    Happy Blogging

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's sounds like me with music! I even listen to it while showering. I too listen to songs that represent my mood or how I'm feeling. Great song btw, I actually decided to do an i♥Tunes Tues post every week choosing a different song every week to share.
    I'm a new follower from the hop! Hope to see you at my blog soon! http://acostaeveli.blogspot.com/ :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. stumbled onto your blog via the blog hop and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed reading this post!! New Follower!! :-)

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete