Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Now you're just somebody that I used to know.....


Today has been clearing out day for me.
Every so often I have a big spring clean and go through my clothes and decide that if I haven’t worn an item in 6 months it gets put in a bag with a bunch of other stuff and gets taken to our local charity shop for them to sell.

People who know me know of my ambition to do some work with the Red Cross in areas that have been affected by famine, natural disaster and war, but the saying goes “charity begins at home” and so I take my donations to the local charity shops.  I have a couple of charity organisations that I always donate to, ones that are close to my heart and mean something to me.

Tonight I managed to fill a huge black bin liner of clothes, scarves and accessories…the clothes were a mixture of every day shirts that cost just a few pounds to items that cost me a little bit more to some that were pure indulgence treats.  I have in the past, and even tonight I think, even put clothes in the bag with tags still on them.  That might make me sound like a bit of a spoilt brat that I have clothes that I haven’t even worn but that’s definitely not the case…I buy clothes a lot of the time without trying them on in the store.  I hate it, it’s such a hassle for me and so I buy things my size and when I get home they’ve maybe not fitted properly or just not looked right and I haven’t got the receipt when it came to taking it back or I’ve left it too late to take it back and I’m stuck with it.  So, to me the best thing is for me to donate them and for them to get the most out of them.

Just a few clothes...(this is not my picture just an example of what I looked like earlier haha)

I do feel better once my wardrobe and drawers have been cleared out, it makes me feel like my room is less cluttered and is almost a de-stressing mechanism.  So tomorrow is the day to drop off the bag…I always wonder if I’m going to see someone in the street walking past me wearing my clothes haha.

As I like to leave a music video on here at the end of my blog, I'm leaving one of a song I really like...I didn't like it to start with but now I've listened to the words and listening to the music properly, I love it.
Enjoy!!!

Caite xo

11 comments:

  1. You and your blog are so cute!! I just found you from the Monday Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you, glad you like it. If you have a blog, please leave me the link so I can check yours out too.

      Caite

      Delete
    2. I sure do. www.atravelingwife.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. This song is currently giving me the blues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that the song gives you the blues at the minute. Hopefully those feelings change, the song is such a great song and one that I think we can all relate to at some point in our lives. I know I can.
      Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment.
      Hope you have a good rest of the week
      Caite

      Delete
  3. I don't know this song. Who sings it?
    visiting from http://loveitor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotye is the artist who sings this song featuring Kimbra. Gotye is a Belgian-Australian and the song has been around about 7 months but it has suddenly become "big" in the UK in the last month or two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed reading this post!!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Caite from a new follower... I love your blog! I found you through the Welcome to the Weekend blog hop.

    You've made me feel like I need to have a really good clear out of mine and my kids clothes. I'll get a few bin liners ready, I might need a lorry to get it all the the charity shop!

    Debra x
    http://mydarlingsandme2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. found you from the blog hop and now following! would love a follow back

    http://cumminslife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete