Friday, 23 November 2012

Covering up the word MUG with make up....



Ohhhhhh boy what a day!

There I was minding my own business at work, getting on with my work…then I get one of the managers telling me I’m going to have to do duty stuff today because my friend in the team had not got her duty covered and so because I was the only one going to be in the office most of the day I had to pick up her duty stuff.  

There was no asking me if I minded helping, I got instructed I was doing it!! 

The manager walked out and my mood instantly changed…the first words out of my mouth to my friend was “am I confused or was I on duty just yesterday or did I dream that?”

Then in came the service manager came in with my friend who had not got her duty covered and headed towards me.  I looked at him with “don’t even ask me” look.  He saw this and said it looked suspicious and then said 4 small words…”I need your help”

That was it…I lost it…BIG TIME!!

I went into a massive rant about how I was not doing anything on duty if that’s what he needs help with because I am sick of being the only person who does things on duty, and that I spend up to 3 days out of 5 each week doing duty stuff and no one seemed to give a shit that I had my own cases.  I went on in my little tirade to say how I was f**king p**sed off that I was being dumped on every day and the one time I ask managers  to get duty workers to do a couple of visits while I’m on leave, they don’t get done because they’ve too “busy”.

That led to me and the service manager having a lengthy “chat” about a number of things that have been annoying and frustrating the crap out of me for months…including the actions of a former colleague who had been making people’s lives a misery.  Needless to say I made my point very clear at work and made clear that I was really annoyed about so much stuff.

People at work will quite happily say I will do all I can to help other people but what I do disagree with is when people think…”oh don’t worry Caite will do it”.  I made it perfectly clear that while I’m happy to help where I can, I refuse to do any more than my one duty day per week because it’s about time that sign saying “MUG” across my forehead was rubbed off...although I do a good job each day covering up that word MUG on my forehead with my make up.

I’m pleased to say though that no one else bothered me for the rest of the day and I sat at lunch to one of my friends saying “I can’t believe you swore in front of him”.  I simply said, I hit boiling point where work was concerned and he had to know exactly what’s been going on.

Haha, my friend was teasing me at lunch time saying “if only we had recorded it we could have used it for training newbies saying the clip you’re about to see is an example of how not to speak to senior management….cue video”.  It was funny afterwards and we all saw the humour in it…my service manager was nice to me afterwards but I’m quite lucky in that he likes me and values the work I do.  I applied and was interviewed for a job in the USA and he made it known to people in our building that he hoped I didn’t get the job because he didn’t want me to leave…so he understood that it had to be something significant or serious for me to get angry like I did because it isn’t like me to get angry,  especially not at work.

Who could ever think someone like me could ever get angry at work right?  I have such an...um...angelic face hahaha
Buuuuut, relax...it's the weekend now and it's a relaxation night for me and it's nice to be able to relax and not think about too much other than Friday night TV and then a lovely nights sleep...hopefully haha.

love this song and have done since it was released...

No comments:

Post a Comment