Saturday, 15 December 2012

Days like these...

...I want to hide away (in the words of Katy Perry).

It’s been one of those weeks.

On Tuesday I started my day nursing a little baby and it being sick...all over me.
I don't mean just a tiny bit, but I mean all...over...me.
It went the front of my shirt, the side of my shirt, and onto my jeans.  It was then all over the baby and then all over the cushion on the sofa...clearly this child was seeking revenge on me haha

After that I had a student with me and while it's nice when you're out and about but when you're having an office day then it's always on my mind if they're learning stuff or worried if they're bored.

Things are so busy too and you find yourself constantly chasing your tail trying to get up to date with everything.

One of the managers decided to annoy the crap out of me too today.  Some days I wonder if she goes on little power trips to make herself feel better or whether she is just a bit weird.  I mean don't get me wrong I like this manager and generally I do get on well with her but she snaps into a different side of her at a moment’s notice.

Lets just say I was glad for work to be done for the week…

However, no matter how stressful I think my life is during the working week there are a number of things that put life into perspective and make you realise that things for me right now are pretty good.

There a simply thousands of news articles reporting on yesterday’s elementary school shooting in the States.  I don’t think I need to add my view point on here, but will simply say, as someone who works every day with children who have been subjected to absolutely awful stuff, this kind of thing simply breaks my heart even more than I thought possible.  The effect on the lives of the families who have lost loved ones and the effect of the lives of the children who survived this tragedy are unknown and unimaginable.


Given my work with children and my love for children, I’m not ashamed to say I cried at learning about and reading the details of this awful event.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all people involved and affected by the tragedy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment