Thursday, 21 February 2013

All the single ladies...

I'm officially one happy and excited girl.

The reason??? I'm going to see Beyonce!!

For once it has paid off being an O2 mobile phone customer.  I was able to buy tickets for the Manchester arena concert in May...it took 40 minutes of trying and I was starting to give up trying.  O2 customers are able to buy tickets for concerts in the UK up to 48 hours before they go on general sale.

I got into work this morning about 8:40am and I logged into the O2 priority website and pretty much did no work.  As soon as 9:30am hit I was on with trying to get tickets.  I had a friend (who is coming to the concert) logged in as me as well trying to get tickets.  Every time we got to the page where we could select tickets we were told they had no tickets or we could only have 1 or 2 tickets.  We kept trying and we were getting ready to admit defeat when it suddenly let me get to select tickets, select the number of tickets I wanted and go through the payment process.  At each stage we were all getting excited because we hadn't made it to selecting seats or being able to pay...it got to the stage where I was putting in my card details and address and we were so excited...then I had to verify my ID through my online banking verification and there is was...confirmation that I had got the tickets...cue absolute mayhem in our office.  We were going crazy, my friend ran over to me and gave me the biggest hug ever and then we started dancing around the room singing "all the single ladies" then my friend  ran through the building corridor into our reception area and into our admin workers room singing "we're going to see Beyoooooonce, we're gonna see Beyoooooonce" (I don't think the Admin Manager appreciated my friend disturbing her staff but my friend was oblivious to it).

My friend told literally everyone she saw in the corridor that we had gotten tickets and basically made it known to everyone that I had done no work all morning haha.

Then when we came back to earth we then thought...we better book a hotel room before the hotel companies hike the prices up...we got a great deal for the three of us to share a room.  We'll be out having dinner and drinks before the concert so we didn't need anything fancy, just somewhere clean and safe to sleep in.  So that got booked!

Then we suddenly sat there and thought...it's a midweek gig (British slang / word for concert) and that we would all need the afternoon of the concert off and the day afterwards...that's half of our team needing time off together...we were like "lets get our annual leave sheets out now and dump them on his (our manager) desk, he can't say no, we never ask for time off together".

I'm really surprised we got tickets! I had a look last night on line and it said there are 28.1 million O2 customers in the UK.  Now I know that not everyone of those customers will want tickets but there's a good chance that a lot of them know people who did want tickets and had registered for them.  The arena I'm going to holds 21,000 people and such an amazing venue, I have been to a number of concerts there. But to think how few tickets were actually available before they go on general sale compared to how many O2 customers there are it was pretty impressive that we got tickets.

I rang my Mum and my Step Dad answered...Mum was at the hairdressers...dammit...so he got the million words a minute...he just laughed and said "did your Mum know you were trying to get tickets?" I was  too excited to reply properly and said "I don't know, I think so, aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh who cares, we got them, I'll ring Mum later" my Step Dad laughed said OK and bye.  A bit later I got a text from my Mum saying "hear you got tickets woohoo" haha...gotta love my Mum.

I don't claim to be her biggest fan but if the TV commercial playing for weeks and weeks is anything to go by then it's going to be one hell of a show...it's going to be a huge stage show...and I can't wait!!!


And because this was our dancing around the room song earlier I'm ending my blog post with this:

10 comments:

  1. Hi Caite, I saw you on the link party and came to visit. I'm now following you and hope you will visit my blog and follow back. I'm not single but can see it though your eyes by reading your blog. I'll visit often, I've enjoyed getting to know you through your blog.
    Best
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  2. I be you're excited. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you!!!! I hopped by from Friendship Friday to become your newest GFC follower. Hope you drop by my blog @ WV Stitcher Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you lucky girl!! I would be so thrilled too! new follower from the blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You are going to have a great time!

    -Karen
    www.yourstylistkaren.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun!! I'm sure it'll be an awesome show! :)

    Following from the blog hop!
    http://aworldofcrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. new follower from the blog hop! love your blog, and i'm soo jealous you get to see beyonce!!

    -erica
    http://sincerely-ericamichelle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing, enjoy!
    Find you through the aloha bloghop, visit me back?

    xoxo

    http://sarandasuzannaadriana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow - I know how it feels to score tickets to an event that you really want - I bet it's going to be a fabulous show! Congrats!

    I'm stopping by from Create with Joy's Friendship Friday Linky. Have a great weekend!

    http://artpark78.com/blog1

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, i'm a new follower from Aloha Friday. Cute blog! ;)

    xo,

    loveandinbetween.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete