Friday, 15 February 2013

My little valentines





...for yesterday!!!



It's been a few days since I updated my blog.  It's been a busy few days too.

Yesterday was Valentines Day and I am currently in Wales visiting my Dad, Step Mum and my Foster Brother and Sister.

I arrived back from Stockholm yesterday and drove straight to Wales.  It's so nice to be here.

My little sister has pretty much not left my side since I arrived.  My Step Mum arranged with school that I would be the one picking my sister up but she didn't know.  I went into her class room to collect her and I was greeting with her squealing in excitement and shouting "CAAAAAAIIIIIIITTTTTTEEEEEE".  After running up to me and flinging her arms around me she proudly told her teacher that "This is my sister Miss".

It made me smile that she was so excited to see me.  People who regularly read my blog will know that last month I had to drive to Wales for work but didn't have time to see family and my little sister was heartbroken that I was always helping other children but didn't have time for her.  So I was so happy that I could spend my Valentines Day with her and my family.

At home I was surprised with Valentines gifts from my little brother and sister...my Dad and Step-Mum had bought some red roses and oriental lilies and some Marc de Champagne chocolates for me...my sister is the younger of my brother and sister and she found it such a big game sneaking around the house planning on how to spring the flowers and chocolates on me.  I don't have a significant other to have been spending Valentines day with, but that simply didn't matter because I couldn't have asked to spend the day with anyone else other than my family.

My beautiful flowers from my adorable little valentines
Tonight we have been out for dinner with extended family for a 80th birthday.  I can't describe how much I love being back in Wales.  I love spending time with my family especially I don't get to see them very often.  Spending the evening with some of my older family members means I have been putting my Welsh speaking skills to good use.  My friends back at home where I live and work are going to know I have been back home in Wales because my accent is always a little more Welsh sounding when I return.

Birthday Cake...complete with the Welsh Flag #patriotic haha

Before I got to Wales I went away for a few days with friends.  We went to Stockholm and OH WOW!!!  What an amazing city and Sweden...what an amazing country.  I had such a great time.  We did some sight seeing, ate so much great food and had a ball in the house we rented and outside in the snow...and of course the outdoor sauna haha.

It was so nice to get away and have some time away from work and get some much needed relaxation. I highly recommend visiting Stockholm if you haven't already.



























Tomorrow is the long drive back home and I'll be back in time for an afternoon snooze before getting ready to go out for a work night out.  Going out with the girls from work is always fun...the last time I went out with them I ended up very drunk, and in a swimming pool at 4am!! I'm really looking forward to it...It's going to be messy haha. 

8 comments:

  1. You are freaking pretty thank you for linking up to the hop today @ Follow Friend Friday
    Following you from there :)
    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/2013/02/200-tiffany-co-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. blog hop

    http://tarastreatsreviews.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would Love to visit Stockholm and Wales (from KY USA lol) Beautiful Family! New Follower from TGIF Blog Hop! ~Mommy Needs A Break :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! Found you on the Aloha Blog hop.
    I am your newest follower, would you care to return the favor?

    http://www.beautybykrysti.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through The I Love my Online Friends GFC Blog Hop. I am your newest follower. A follow back to Carole's Chatter would be fantastic. Hope you are having a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I'm a new follower! Found you at the Monday Meet up! You're so pretty! Looks like you had a nice Valentine! :)

    I'd love it if you can follow me back :)

    xoxo
    ochibernadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi I am a new follower to your lovely blog (via GFC) and found you through "I Love My Online Friends GFC Blog Hop". I would love it if you follow me back

    my blog: www.wilsontom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun times!!! Great vacation:) Just dropping in from Live Laugh Rowe to meet you and follow you:) (via GFC)

    I would also love to invite you to join Let's Get Social Sunday and link up your blog and all your social sites at one great place to meet some lovely new friends and gain more followers!! (150 bloggers every week:)

    http://www.myturnforus.com/2013/02/lets-get-social-sunday-8.html

    Hope to see you there and have a totally awesome day!!

    ReplyDelete