Saturday, 23 March 2013

Six Word Saturday

I haven't had a chance to participate in this for a couple of weeks but I'm back...it's Saturday and it's time for...



REALLY WISH THE SNOW WOULD DISAPPEAR

It's almost April and we have had about 6 inches of snow fall overnight which means that the country will pretty much come to a stand still.  It's pretty frustrating because we are not a country that deals with snow and adverse weather conditions very well.  

Last night we managed to go out and celebrate my best friend handing in her Masters dissertation but it was a bit of a stress getting home because of the snow.  Cab drivers are not keen to stray too far from the city centre when the snow is falling so finding a cab driver that is prepared to drive to our home is definitely quite the task at times.  Thankfully we found a nice cab driver and managed to get home.

I have woken up this morning and we have had more snow and it looks like there's going to be continuing snow for the rest of the day.  Our drive is not completely flat, the last part of the drive (the bit that connects to the road) goes upwards and so in snow trying to get the cars off the drive is not worth the hassle.  we also live at the bottom of a cul-de-sac and to get to the end of the street it is up hill...you just know that there's no way we are getting cars up there today!!

So today is a stay at home day!  It's pretty annoying because I had so much planned for today.  I had some running around to do to buy a few things, I needed some things to go in a package I needed to send through the mail.  I also wanted to buy a yoga mat and skipping rope this weekend too.  Not that I can use the skipping rope at the minute because of the silly snow haha.

I'm so done with the rubbish weather.  It's officially spring time and we should not be getting snow now haha.

I have been out to try and do a few errands and I took a couple of pictures, I'm not sure they do the amount of snow justice but then again it might actually show that a few inches of snow brings the country pretty much to a standstill...

Footsteps

Isn't it spring?  I can't see the green leaves

Usually this road has a looooot of traffic on it

This is my car and the amount of snow that fell just last night

My car is going nowhere today.

8 comments:

  1. I'm also over snow:( I live in Michigan....I'm a new follower:)

    www.meetthebrowns20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so tired of the cold here too. Hoping for warmer days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not going anywhere today either because it is snowing. (Even though it is not a lot...it is still cold and slushy!)

    Try to enjoy your Saturday anyway! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are almost there...hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am ready to stick with the warm weather, too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really do too! Winter has been here far too long!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi new follower from the Aloha blog hop. I thought Michigan where I live was the last to get rid of the snow. I guess not!

    Maria
    http://www.keepingitstepford.com/

    ReplyDelete