Saturday, 4 May 2013

It's been a while....

It's been a while since I wrote a blog...two weeks in fact.  I can't believe where the time has gone for it to have been two weeks.

I guess enjoying the idea that my eyes are now better than 20/20 vision and that the life of my eyes has never been so good.  Work has been so busy too, it's a good busy.  I went away for the night earlier this week.  I was in Scotland for work which meant having to stay over in a hotel .  While it was nice to have a hotel room to myself and all the things I needed on expenses from work I thought I would find it quite a lonely experience.  I mean after the first hour or so of singing to myself or laughing along to the radio it kind of sunk in I have the next 24 hours by myself.  Not the worst thing but when you have no clue where things are and how or where to get dinner from I wasn't exactly thrilled about it all.  I have to say it wasn't as bad as I thought.  I was able to enjoy a nice relaxing evening.  The hotel was just a chain hotel and didn't offer room service or anything like that and I am not someone who likes to eat in restaurants by myself.  So I ended up getting in the car and finding the nearest drive thru and got myself some Burger King haha.  I haven't had anything like that in forever and I don't usually eat that stuff anymore but I have to say it tasted really good.  I had a Chicken Royale with cheese and some onion rings and I demolished them.

I made it back from Scotland and I realised half way back home that I had left my phone in the hotel I had been staying in and it took two days for it to be sent back to me...this is going to sound kinda bad but it felt like I'd lost a part of me without my phone. It's quite sad to think the loss of a piece of technology for a couple of days could have such an effect on someone.

So now it's the weekend and its a long weekend here so WOOOOOP no work on Monday.
Last night I had a few drinks at home with the girls and relaxed after a hectic week. The few drinks turned into a late night ...when doesn't it turn into a late night these days hahaha. Today I've had a good day too. My house mate and I took our dogs out to the country side and did a little hiking.  The weather was really quite nice and warm today (today's one day of sun will probably be the start AND finish of the British summer haha) . We were able to have a little picnic out in the country too which was nice. It felt pretty good to be able to get out and enjoy the fresh air and to let King Zeb and Coco run free for a while.   Tonight I have had a nice quiet evening at home and I'm currently sat in bed listening to music and relaxing.  In the past on long weekends I would probably have been partying and having drinks in town but this weekend I am more than happy to be having a 'quiet one'.  My batteries are in need of a recharge...AND...I have a fun little road trip next week when I go to see Beyonce in concert. I can't believe how quick that has come round, it only seems two minutes since me and my friends were trying to get tickets.

This is currently my favourite song. I hear it a lot on the radio when I'm in the car and I just love it. I'm a massive fan of Pink anyway but this song is pretty great...




No comments:

Post a Comment