Friday, 26 July 2013

In my own happy place!!!

It's Friiiiiiiidayyyyyy!!! haha!  The weekend is here, thank goodness!!

Girls night on Wednesday was so much fun. I had a cheeky glass of wine before dinner and then we all chatted, gossiped and laughed our way through the night.  The food was so good.  I had a full rack of ribs, sweet potato fries and onion rings....oh and I had an appetiser before hand too haha.  When I told my friend what I had ordered and eaten he didn't believe that I could eat all that food because I was too tiny.  That made me laugh.  I did later tell him that I had half of my ribs boxed up and planned on having them for lunch the next day.

We talked about pretty much everything the other night.  Dating websites, men, ex-boyfriends, ex-dates, current potentials and....SPEED DATING!! haha We decided we are going to go speed dating.  Even the girls in the office that have boyfriends and husbands want to come along because everyone thinks it's going to be a lot of fun.  One of my friends turned to me and another one of our friends and said "you two would love the one near Court (we go there for work a lot) because it'll be full older men and men who are professionals".  We laughed so hard at that because the girls think that me and the other girl wouldn't be in a relationship with just anyone...we call it having standards and being picky but one girl always laughs at us and calls us a snob.  Although we made fun of her because it seems she is turning into us slowly but surely haha.  So I think we're going to see what speed dating is all about haha.

I really did enjoy the night, one minute we were sitting down the next 3.5 hours had passed.  I really had the best time with no cares in the world, people watching, having fun.

Tonight it's a night in with the girls.  A few drinks are being consumed at the minute.  We're having a relaxing night in the house.  It dawned on me the other night when we were out to dinner and seeing a group of people celebrating a girls graduation from university that it was just over a year ago I qualified in the job role I do now.

Here are a couple of pictures from one of my graduation ceremonies...






I made some of the best friends I could have ever asked for  at university and I have some of the best memories of my life with the friends I made at university.  I am lucky that I still have these people in my life and that I can still call them my best friends.  I guess I have a wide circle of acquaintances however I have a close core group of friends that know me inside out.  They laugh at me, they are there when I am having a tough time and the tears are flowing and they're there to call me out on my bulls*** when I'm trying to kid myself about things in life.

I am genuinely in such a great place in my life.  I mean yeah I'm single and don't have that special someone but for me I have a lot of great things in my life and I have so much to be grateful and thankful for.

Tomorrow I'm going for drinks with friends and I cannot wait.  Just to sit and relax, chat with friends, have fun and have a few lot to drink haha.


2 comments:

  1. I love reading your posts, they're so real:)

    Just thought I'd tell you that I love your blog and am now following on GFC xx

    - www.thatszoeblog.com & an ASOS giveaway currently on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I just came across your blog through the bbloggers blog hop, really enjoyed reading your posts! You have yourself a new follower :) xx

    The Girl In The Tartan Scarf

    ReplyDelete