Tuesday, 23 July 2013

Is that it? Is summer over now??

Again it's been a while since I updated this thing.   I seem to have gone through the same "lull" a year ago and I didn't post much throughout the summer.  So my aim is to be a little better and start posting a little more regularly.

Things are pretty good at the minute.  I mean we have had some testing times recently within my family and friends.  My Step-Dad recently had a cancer scare which thankfully he has been given the OK and that the shadow on a recent scan is not cancer.  We got confirmation just this morning which has been good.  My friend who I wrote about on the Six Word Saturday a few months ago having had thyroid cancer, well unfortunately we are not sure if it the cancer has returned.  A tough and testing time at the minute but all of our friends are focusing on her and giving  her as much support as possible.  I deal with tough and challenging situations at work but this is nothing in comparison to what she has and potentially is dealing with again and she is such an inspiration to me and all of her other friends as we are amazed by her sense of optimism and refusing to let this beat her.  She is one of my best friends and I am immensely proud of her.

It has been a busy summer so far, I can't believe how quick the month has July has disappeared.  I'm almost worried to start going into stores soon because I think it was around July time last year that i saw the first Christmas Cards and decorations in stores.  No matter how much I love that time of year, it's a little too early for all that kind of crazy stuff haha.

This morning I was woken up at about 6:30am to the loudest crash of thunder I have ever heard in the UK.  Seriously it was so loud I think it was right over our house because the second crash of thunder I swear I felt and heard the house shake.  At one point I wasn't sure if it was thunder, bombs or gun shots.  It was so loud...and then a major downpour of rain followed the crashes of thunder.  The weather has now changed a little and I wonder now if the sun and hot weather that the UK has had recently was the extent of the summer for Brits.

Speaking of Brits....we have a new Royal Baby!!! and it's a Baby Boy!

I honestly was hoping it would be a girl so that the change in a 300 year law played a part of the child's life (this is the law where up until recently if Will and Kate had had a girl first and then a boy second then their first born as a girl would be bypassed as heir(ess) to the throne and their son would have been next in line to the throne.  However the change in the law meant that any child regardless of their sex would be future King or Queen...and of course the longest reigning monarchs are women - Queen Victoria and the current Queen Elizabeth II).

It's amazing to see the scale of interest for a child that is just over 24 hours old but if there's one thing that the UK does better than anyone else in the world it's Royalty.  No one does the Royal Family quite like us Brits.  Some friends and I were talking about the worlds obsession regarding our Royal Family and I can see that it is fascinating and every major event is done on a major scale and we have had quite a few major events over the last few years with Will and Kate's wedding, the Queens Diamond Jubilee and now Baby Cambridge's arrival.  However one of the things my friend was telling us about was a few years ago she was working at a summer camp in another country when the news broke that the Queen Mother had passed away.  My friend didn't know it at the time but one of her friends said to her "I'm sorry for your loss", my friend had no clue what she was talking about until her friend informed her of the Queen Mother's passing.  It's a sad event but my friend was so confused because as she told us "It's not like I knew her personally or anything".  However the obsession with anything British Monarchy related and it was a big deal to where she was.

Will, Kate and the baby have now left the hospital and have headed home to enjoy their time together as a family.  I'm not overly into the Royal Family but I do believe that Will and Kate have done a lot in terms of dragging an ageing Monarchy into the 21st century.  The Prince and the Commoner, a modern day couple...hopefully the family are now allowed to spend time as a family in private.

Ps How amazing did Kate look having given birth just over 24 hours before!!! :-)

Baby Cambridge

Now it's time to relax for the rest of the night before the latest episode of the worst best TV programme on British TV right now...Geordie Shore hahahaha

Not usually a massive fan of this group but I love this song and the lyrics!! haha


No comments:

Post a Comment