Sunday, 18 August 2013

Sunday Social


Sunday Social



After an amazing weekend at home visiting my Dad, Step-Mum and Foster Siblings I made it back home and I am so tired even though I have managed to sneak in a cheeky little nap since I got home.  For the rest of the day I am having a lazy and relaxing evening before I start my crazy busy week at work.  I am definitely going to be putting in the hours this week to make sure I get everything I need to get done finished before the long weekend and heading off to a music festival (so excited for that haha).  

I am linking up with the Sunday Social for what I believe is the first time since I started blogging (seriously where have I been!!!!).

To take part in this I am answering the following questions:

1. What is something you've always wanted to do but are afraid of?
I really want to do something all dare devilish such as bungee jumping or sky diving but I am scared of heights.  I love things like flying and never get scared of being thousands of feet in the air flying in a tin can (come on there's no need to dress it up, it's a tin can flying through the air haha) but when it comes to heights I get scared.  That includes rollercoasters...I mean I love rollercoasters and the whole upside down stuff but I have to get through the fear of the carriage chug chug chugging up to the top like it's about to breakdown at any minute and all I can see is the ground getting further and further away from me haha...so tying a bit of elastic (yeah I know it's a big, thick piece of elastic or whatever material it really is but that's not the point haha) to my legs and jumping off a platform scares me haha.

2. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I genuinely have no clue.  I am about to embark on studying for my second Masters degree which will be completed in 3 years but other than that I have no idea.  Professionally I see myself in the same field of work because I love my job and the work I do, personally I have no clue, maybe within the next five years I'll find that special someone, but other than that...I see myself continuing enjoying life.

3. What are you looking forward to before the end of 2013?
I'm excited for lots of things that are happening this year whether it be going to music festivals, spending weekends with friends and hopefully embarking a new and fun part of my life.  I am also excited for December because of course that's when my birthday is!! :-)

4. What are your hopes for your blog?
Despite blogging for nearly two years I am still very much a novice at it and I'm pretty happy with being a novice.  However I would that my blog continues to grow in whatever shape and form it does. 

5. Do you always see yourself living in your current town/city?
I don't think I do.  I love where I live, it has been my home for so long and I have made it exactly that...home but I don't see myself here forever.  Do I know where I see myself living?  Not a clue.  It could be another place in the UK, it could be somewhere else in Europe, it could be anywhere else in the world.  I am lucky in that respect that I don't have commitments and ties, children or a partner to think about when I make life changing decisions.  I am also lucky that my job and career is one that makes me highly employable in most English speaking countries so the world is quite literally my oyster and I have a desire to learn and explore more about the world so I don't see myself staying here forever.

6. What is your morning routine?
I always set my alarm for a time I think I'm going to get up at, but in reality I know I'm never going to get up at that time, so when my phone goes off I hit snooze a million times or I'll change the time of the alarm to my latest possible time I can get up.
 
Check imessage, emails, facebook, instagram and twitter while trying to wake up properly.
 
Stumble out of bed and into the bathroom (my housemate and best friend recently told me I look like the creature from the black lagoon in the mornings...clearly I'm so pretty in a morning haha)
 
I'm not going to dress this next bit up...I go to the toilet haha!! I'm usually so lazy that I actually need to have a pee about an hour before but refuse to get out of bed!
 
Then I have a wash, brush my teeth, moisturise my face, put on my make up (putting my make up on is down to a fine art now and takes just 5-10 minutes).
 
Decide what I'm doing with my hair which is usually a ponytail, plait (braid) or left loose
 
Get dressed 
 
Grab something for breakfast when I get to work
 
Drive to work singing my head off and doing a little dancing in my seat haha



I hope everyone has had a great weekend. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Everyone seems to be afraid of skydiving and I AM one of those people! I just can't EVER see myself doing it. I don't even want to watch from afar, lol.

    ReplyDelete