Monday, 18 November 2013

T'is the season....no no not Christmas...yet...


Friday was an amazing day off!  I went to a spa for the day and had the most incredibly relaxing day.  I had a full body massage and a facial and it felt so good.  After the treatments my friend and I had a little snack and drink before we headed off into the rest of the spa and check out the rooms and swimming pool.  We into all the rooms including the Japanese Salt Sauna (one of my personal favourites), Roman style heated beds, Laconium, Sauna, Foot Spa's, Greek Herbal Bath, Indian Blossom Steam Room (another favourite of mine) and an Aqua Meditation Room.  We also went swimming in the outdoor pool which was pretty good too until we had to get out and I was soooo cold haha.  Throughout the day I'm sure I fell asleep for a few minutes at a time particularly in the meditation room.  We had lunch at the spa too which was a really nice lunch and a couple of glasses of champagne.  Champagne is alllllways a good thing.

The spa was such a great way to relax and something that I really needed.  The woman who did my massage told me that I had a little bit of tension across my shoulders.  I'm surprised it wasn't a lot of tension because work has been stressful in the last couple of months and slowly but surely I'm getting through my crazy busy period. I needed the day off to just forget about work and all the negativity surrounding my profession at the minute.  If people believe everything that people have to say about my profession then we should either be in prison or continually being trained to do our job...all I can say to that is the people that hear and see one story in the news, as tragic as it is, I know the extreme situations I am put in every day, I know what threats I get on a regular basis, I know how hard I work to protect children, and people who think people like me need to be doing this or that, then I invite them to spend a week or two following me around to see what I do and the extreme levels of stress and dangerous situations I'm subject to.  But I persevere anyway because I do the job I love...

...Anyway....rant over haha...

Friday night resulted in a late night out continuing the relaxing theme of my weekend.  I made it to bed pretty late both nights but as always we left the bars, got greasy food, went home and carried on having drinks with my friends until the morning came around haha.  Saturday I gave in to my friend who had been badgering me to join her netball team and so instead of sleeping in late I ended up getting up and running around a netball court...playing my usual position...Goal Attack...what can I say? I like the glory of scoring the goals for the team haha.

Sunday I met my Mum off the train at the mall and we had a little Starbucks date for breakfast and then hit the shops which was good.  I have FINALLY started my Christmas shopping!! haha.  I hopefully will have it all done in the next couple of weeks.  After shopping my Step Dad arrived (he had been golfing in the morning, weirdly he doesn't like shopping haha) and we went out for Sunday Lunch.  Near where I live there's a great little pub that does a 3 course lunch and my parents love it (I'm pretty sure that's the only reason they visit me haha) and so Sunday afternoon I stuffed my face with a great lunch and my Mum and I shared a bottle of wine and then I had another glass of wine once we had polished off the bottle haha.  After they had headed back I got in my onesie and just relaxed for the rest of the night. I had such a great weekend!!

T'is the season...no not Christmas...not for a little while anyway...but it's less than 2 weeks until my birthday yeahhhhhh haha.  It's also the time when my social life and social events gets out of control.  I have a pretty busy social life normally but this time of year it gets crazy and I'm starting it all off by celebrating my birthday by going away with the girls for a few days.

We have a jam packed few days away including...




and here too...



We have tickets to a musical, we are going to the Christmas Market there too...there will be a few bottles of champagne too celebrating my birthday and the trip away. I'm pretty excited to say the least haha.



No comments:

Post a Comment