Thursday, 26 June 2014

Right place, right time...

Regular readers of my blog will know that almost 18 months ago I had laser eye surgery because I didn't want to have to be reliant on glasses or contact lenses any more and maybe to some extent this was based on vanity reasons.  It was the best decision I have ever made and I enjoy being able to wake up in a morning and not have to think about where my glasses are or spend time I don't have in the mornings battling with contact lenses and just head off on my day. 



Nerd?? Nope just a girl who needed glasses and used them as a fashion accessory haha

Working those glasses selfie
Do they make me look intelligent? haha



I had the luxury of being able to make the decision about whether or not I wanted to correct my vision but there are so many people in the world that don't have the opportunity to make those decisions.

Earlier today I was in my local supermarket and there were volunteers in the entrance trying to attract people to listen to them about the charity they were there representing.  A lot of people dismiss people asking for donations or sponsorship and it's understandable because they probably have a million and one things running through their heads that they have to get done and their time is precious and so they tell them they don't have the time to stop.

My brain didn't think that fast and I guess they found me in the right place at the right time because I ended up listening to one of the people telling me about the charity...although the charity is not exclusive to children this is the area the person discussed with me, which when I told him what my job was he was surprised and said "oh you probably know more than me".  This charity is the RNIB - Royal National Institute of Blind People.  I had been looking for another charity to donate to, I already donate to children's charities and with the greatest respect those are the charities that people tend to donate to, so I decided to sign up today for the RNIB.  

http://www.rnib.org.uk/ 
I already sponsor a dog (she looks like my dog Zeb) throughout her training to become a guide dog for blind or partially sighted people so making a commitment to this charity as well seemed to make it the obvious  choice for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment