Tuesday, 24 June 2014

The big emergency in our house today...

I arrived home tonight after work to find a plastic bag attached to the handle of the door to my house. I opened the door to find my house mate rushing me through the door quickly closing the door in a huge panic.  Laughing at my friend I asked her what the big emergency and rush was and why was there a bag attached to the handle? She opened the door very slowly and carefully and peered round the door and then pointed to the metal part of the handle and said..."look...".  I looked and asked "what am I looking at?".  She then pointed to tiny little marks on it above and below the handle.  She then went in  pure dramatic mode and said "I've been terrorised all day...by a bird".  At this point I laughed even harder and questioned the craziness of her.  She told me that she had heard the faintest of knocking on our door but every time she went to look there was no one there.  A few minutes later she went into our kitchen to find a bird sat looking at the door and then flew to the door, sat on the handle pecking away at the door.

This absolutely freaked my house mate out...she wouldn't open the door and go out of the house in case the bird flew into the house and because she hates birds she wouldn't know what to do. After I stopped laughing at her I asked why she didn't go out of the back door and walk around the side of the house...she looked at me as if I was crazy and said..."Caitlin Morgan...that would mean walking past the BIRD!!!!"...I knew she was serious...I was getting my full name instead of Caite but even then I couldn't stop laughing at her.  I've never known anyone be so dramatic about a bird before.  She was so annoyed by the marks on the door that the bird had made...you would have thought her whole life had been affected by this incident.

In my mind I was imagining this bird to be huge and a really scary character like this...



A little bit after getting home, I heard this very loud whisper..."Caite,come here quick" I went to the kitchen looked at what my friend was pointing at as she said "that's it, that's the bird" ...this is a picture of what the offending bird looks like...


Yep...that's right...my friend has been obsessed with this little thing to the point of refusing to go out all day...I have no words left other than to say...Oh Boy!!! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment