Sunday, 5 October 2014

I am not a robot...

It's been more than a month since I last wrote a blog post and life has had some incredible highs and some seriously shitty lows.

Earlier this month I was devastated to find out from one of my best friends that her Mum had been diagnosed with cancer and that it was terminal due to the cancer returning and spreading throughout her body.  This sent complete shock waves throughout our friendship group and we are all still struggling to come to terms with the news...not only for ourselves but for our friend.  We  have no idea what she is going through we can only just assume what she is thinking, feeling and all we can do is be there for her throughout this awful time. Her family are struggling to come to terms with things at the moment and it's my job along with all our friends to make my friend smile or feel as ok as she can during this horrible time.

In order to do that we are pretty much letting our friend decide what she wants to do.. How we are feeling isn't important right now, the most important thing is that she is ok and she feels supported...and she decided she wanted to go on a night out last night...so her wish was our command.

It was really nice being able to catch up with each other.  We don't always get the opportunity to see each other as much as we like but when we do get together it's like we have never been apart...that to us...is the sign of true friendship.

This is us seven years ago...

So sweet and innocent

This was us last night...

What a difference 7 years makes...but still so sweet and innocent right? haha
It was so nice to be able to spend the night having fun, laughing, dancing, drinking and just being us.




My favourite picture of the night of course has to be this one...

Juuuust a little drunk!!

Work has also taken over as usual.  I have to say at work I have been super sonic busy and there are days when I want to sing this to my Manager...


...My Manager just seems to want more and more at the minute and I think he needs to be reminded that I'm not a robot and that I can only work so many hours in the day.  Instead of complaining though, I just keep doing my job and hope that it quietens down for me.

Today marks the start of another day of fun with my friends and to shake off any hangover I danced and sang to this song in  the shower haha...


...what can I say...I'm loving Ed Sheeran so much right now...is he single? haha


1 comment:

  1. I'm SO sorry to hear about your friend's mom! And those pics of you and your friends seven years ago and now are awesome! I definitely wouldn't want to post a photo of myself from back then hahaha. Loving your blog, lady! Definitely following. :)

    http://emzrant.blogspot.com/
    -Em

    ReplyDelete