Tuesday, 21 October 2014

Yep...we're all about the bass...

Yet another busy period at work!  Not fun! I find office politics so not fun it's unbelievable.  I just cannot bring myself to get tangled up in the web of that kind of rubbish, so I have found myself just sticking my headphones in and listening to music at work and keeping myself to myself when contentious subjects are discussed.  That is except when I'm wandering around singing to myself to the catchiest song there is out there at the minute...which obviously got my bestie at work singing too...


...I cannot help but love this song...I know...I hate me too!! haha

I feel like I got into a little bit of a "work rut" the last few months but I feel that although things are stupidly busy that I am getting to a point where I am accepting of my crazy caseload and the work that I do.  My work recently has been recognised by the powers that be and that makes me happy. I mean don't get me wrong I don't need constant praise (my boss would happily tell people that I am my own person and I dance to the beat of my own drum at work haha) but I am pretty content.  I don't know if a co-worker telling me that they're leaving has made me a little happy (don't judge me, she is one of those that thinks she is better than everyone else haha) or whether I am moving in a direction that I want to work wise...who knows...but I'm embracing it regardless.

There has been one thing that has bothered me the last month and that's the news about my  friends Mum.  Although I have always adored and appreciated my Mama, I have been more bothered (not the best word but not sure what one I want to use) about my relationship with her.  The only thing I can attribute that to is the news of my friend's Mum.  I cannot imagine my life at the age I'm at right now and having to come to terms with the fact that in the next twelve months I would lose my Mum.  I cannot even comprehend it and I find myself having more conversations with my wonderful Mum about things.  My Mum is devastated that my friend and her family are going through what they are going through and in whatever way we can we are being supportive.

Just some of my wonderful and amazing family...








...I'm so lucky to have amazing friends and family.

This week has been an important week for me.  I am starting my journey to find out if I am coeliac. I've had my blood take this week and I'm impressed with the Nurse that did it because there is no bruise and you can barely see where she took the blood from.  I'm hoping that the tests come back negative but it's something I need to find out.  I feel there is something underlying to my constantly feeling tired issue.  I find myself sleeping well at the minute and no matter how little or much sleep I have I am always tired in the morning.  So later this week will be when I find out if all is ok or if I need further investigation.  I'm hoping I'm not because I love pasta, rice and noodles too much to give them up haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment