Wednesday, 5 November 2014

Going back to basics!!

I'm going back to basics in many ways in my life and I'm starting with my skin care regime.  I have tried a number of different lotions and potions over the years.  As time has gone on they have become more and more expensive as I have succumbed to the advertising tactics of companies that have sucked me in thinking that their product was the product I HAD to have and it would keep the wrinkles away and I would continue to look youthful as I got older.  I know I'm not old by any stretch of the imagination (although my birthday is now less than a months away...yes, the countdown is officially on haha) but I am a firm believer in starting something like this early and the rewards will come into fruition as I get older.  Despite the cleansers, toners, moisturisers costing £30, £40, £45 per item I was finding that my skin still felt dull, tired and most of all I was noticing dry patches on my face.

Then I came across this little beauty!!


I had never seen or heard of this brand before but it was in the supermarket and I wanted to try something new and thought it was a cute box with every step of skin care I could need for my face and the best thing was...it was just £10 for the box.  When I bought I thought if it didn't agree with me then at least I had only spent £10 on it and not more money.

I have to say...I love this set and this brand.  I have sensitive skin and my skin feels so clean and soft. So far I have used the product three days in a row both morning and night and it feels like I've had a facial by a professional beauty therapist every time (although I'm not as good as they are at it haha). Before I used to seriously dislike having a skin care regime but now I actually look forward to the ten minutes I allow myself at the start and end of the day to pamper myself a little bit.  I will definitely be buying NSPA again and have even told my Mum that if she wants to buy me another set for Christmas then I would be very happy with it...it gets a definite 10/10 from me.

My skin care isn't the only thing I have taken back to basics...my hair care is also another one at the minute.  If I put all of the shampoos, conditioners, hair treatments, styling products such as heat defence sprays, products to define curls, products to de-frizz my hair and curls, then there's the ones that help straighten my hair etc ...then I'm pretty sure I could open my own hair care store haha.  I see new products in stores promising to do this and that and I buy it but then never use it, or it doesn't seem to fit my hair.  So I have stripped it all back again starting with my shampoo and conditioner...and have bought a simple fruit based shampoo and conditioner...nothing with elasticity or thickening serums in...just simple fruit based ones...I am quite precious about my hair...and again...I love the results.

This new back to basics is simplifying my life and I love it...just have my work life and personal life to simplify and my whole life will be sorted...but I don't think that will be as easy to figure out...haha.

Tomorrow is Guy Fawkes Night here and I'm looking forward to going to a Bonfire and Fireworks party...eat hot dogs, jacket (baked) potatoes, drink hot chocolate with baileys in and have a good time with friends.  Tomorrow night signals the start of winter for me because I love being outside on Guy Fawkes Night and it's cold, so I have to wear my nice thick winter coat, hat, scarf and gloves to keep warm and eat comfort food...again...it's the simple things in life that are great and...I cannot wait!!


No comments:

Post a Comment