Tuesday, 25 November 2014

Putting things into perspective...

In just six days it will be my birthday and I turn the grand old age of 27.  It's crazy how soon it has come around, it doesn't seem like two minutes since I was turning 26. While I'm embracing this next chapter in my life it comes at a sombre time.  This week came the heartbreaking news that my best friends Mum had passed away.  I can't even try and begin to imagine what my friend is going through trying to come to terms with the loss of her Mum.   I worry about her and how she is going to cope and while I know deep down she is a strong girl, losing her Mum is surely one of, if not the hardest situation to have to come to terms with. I feel helpless because I know nothing I can say or do is going to help. All I can do is be there for my friend and support her however she needs me to. 

Love this girl and would do anything for her




This news has certainly hit home about how fragile life is.  It has put into perspective what is really important in life and how we should all embrace life and live it to the fullest.  It has made me re-evaluate things and before receiving this news I planned on writing a blog post about it only being a week until my birthday and how excited I was for it, but whilst it is still something to look forward to it just isn't that important in the grand scheme of things.  I've also been thinking about my own future and the fact that there is so much of the world I haven't seen yet and so many things I haven't done and whether this would be the perfect time to put that into action.  Over the coming weeks I'll be looking at how I can best put this into action ready for the new year. 

It has also made me ring my own family and tell them I love them because I would be lost without any one of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment