Sunday, 11 January 2015

A fork in the road...

When I'm writing my blog posts I always imagine myself as looking like Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City...just without the sex...and well...the city as well...so instead of Carrie we have..."Caite and the...."...and that's it...doesn't have quite the same ring does it? haha.

The start of a New Year usually means reflection on the year that has just passed and is part of our history and I am one of those people although I haven't just looked back at the past twelve months but the last 2-3 years.

I'm in a very different place than I was a couple of years ago.  I was just getting started in my career, becoming comfortable in my own skin and realising there were things about myself I wanted to change for the better.  2012 was a turning point in my life and at the end of that year it made me realise what I wanted out of my life.  After experiencing a loss in my life I threw myself into my career and being with my friends and family, a few dates here and there but no one serious in my life and realised that there was only ever going to be me who could make me a better person.  Don't get me wrong, I wasn't and never have been a horrible person but a little self improvement never hurt anyone right? haha.  The last 2 years have been spent focused on me and as a result...




2014 was a year of mixed emotions for me. I had so many great experiences and fun times with friends and family.  I went on some great holidays and adventures and spend the year having a lot of fun.  I also went through a horrible experience and time for the first half of the year dealing with a situation I was dragged into and didn't like how I was treated...and I am reluctant to get myself again.  As a result I am now very cautious and wary of people and the reason they're in my life but still very much open to people coming back into my life...but this is how I am dealing with things that come into my life...

The latter part of the year saw my best friend's Mum pass away which was awful, and I felt helpless because I knew nothing I could say would make her feel better and nothing would make life the same ever again for my friend...but just being there for her no matter the time day or night was all that she wanted, whenever she decided she needed it.

2014 and leading into 2015 has seen me come to a fork in the road that is my life...I left my job and have been taking time out to figure out where I am heading next...the fork in the road has the options of staying here and seeing where life takes me personally and professionally or the other road is moving to North America to work and see what the world has to offer me.  There has been expressed interest in me to work for them over there and I am following them up to see what opportunities I would have, as I have come to realise that you cannot rely on others no matter how much you want to.



I don't know what life has in store for me at the moment and yes I know a lot of the time we make our own luck and our decisions shape our lives but it's those external factors that influence our decisions and that's the confusing thing for me now...but I'm sure it'll all work out just how it's supposed to be.

When I have things on my mind cleaning is my go to in order to try and clear my mind...I have been cleaning around the house with my headphones plugged into my phone and a song I haven't heard in so long came on and I remembered how much I liked it...I was singing it at the top of my voice haha.

who doesn't love a little bit of Lonestar haha :-)

The next couple of weeks are going to be interesting that's for sure haha...2015 is going to be a defining year for me but no matter which way life takes me I have so many fun things planned...the planned obstacle course fun runs won't be the only things that will be in my way  and in the way of what I want to achieve I'm sure... 

No comments:

Post a Comment