Sunday, 4 January 2015

Welcome to 2015


I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to 2015.

It's been a busy and fun filled few weeks for me over the Christmas and New Year period.

I managed to make it to Wales to see my Dad, Step Mum and siblings the weekend before Christmas which was so nice to see everyone there.  I really don't go home to Wales often enough.  Every time I do go I am reminded just how much I love it and how much I miss it.  My Dad's home is in a quiet little spot and going there means lots of time to think, relax and enjoy the tranquillity.  I got to pick up my brother and sister from their last day of school which is always so much fun when I get to surprise them.  I had a mini Christmas with them before returning home.  

During the Christmas week I was at home with my Mum and Step-Dad which is always a great time and yep, I got spoilt by my Mum because she loves fussing over me haha.  I definitely over indulged over the Christmas and New Year period especially when there were buffets with party foods on offer.  I love anything that I can just keep grazing and snacking on...I'm now back to eating healthily.

Then there was...Snow snow snow! The beautiful white blanket that falls from the sky!! It was beautiful until it brought the world around me to a standstill.  It snowed on Boxing Day,  you would think that we had had several feet of snow the way that it affected the roads,  people's ability to...well...basically function.  Roads didn't have salt on them despite the snow being forecast (makes a lot of sense right??).  We had at most...6 inches of snow during that period of time...not really enough to make the world stop.  

Thankfully by New Years Day it had gone which made driving my brand new car a lot easier...and well...pretty awesome!! haha.  I'm not saying I'm a bad driver by any means but...well...I'm a girl and mix that with a powerful car along with snow...and well...lets just say I'm glad the snow has gone.  I didn't get chance to take any pictures of my new car when she was super duper brand new because of the stupid snow and then her being dirty because of the roads so it'll have to wait until I've cleaned her...yes...my car is a she haha

New Years Eve was spent with friends and having a party at my house.  As always whenever I get the opportunity to spend the night with so many of my wonderful friends I love it.  We certainly managed to get through of festive and celebratory drinks that night along with lots of food (made lovingly by my good self haha).   Last night I went to another party this time it was a Bollywood themed party which meant I had the opportunity to get dressed up...



I had so much fun last night, having drinks, attempting bhangra dancing, eating lots of yummy food (I won't re-start my healthy eating until tomorrow haha).  

2015 is starting to fill up already for me.  I am in the process of figuring my next move career wise, all I know at the minute is it is 95% likely that it will take me to North America, I'm just waiting to see where.  In addition to that I have a wedding in the summer (not mine of course, I'll be an eternal spinster I'm sure at the minute haha, one of my best friends is getting married - another weekend off  from healthy eating haha).  I am also in the process of organising a holiday somewhere nice and warm because although the weather isn't as cold here as it is in other parts of the world it's cold enough for me at the minute. I am looking forward to a couple of friends and I getting on a plane and heading somewhere with a great beach, good food and drink (I'll take a week off my healthy eating again at that point haha) and a place where we can relax and do activities like scuba diving and getting out and about to see the local area.  I'm ready for a little bit of this already...














Yep...I think I'm ready for some sun haha. 

A couple of friends and I are also hoping to fit in a trip to New York at some point as well, I have a feeling that out bank accounts will be taking a serious battering if we make it to New York haha.

2015 has already started with life lessons and people in my life who are proving themselves not to be the kind of people I thought they were.  I always start off seeing in the best of people and even when they do someone to hurt me, I still try to see through it all and see the good but when people continue to hurt me, I have to draw the line...after all I'm a Sagittarius...we are independent, feisty, the sweetest people until someone p*sses us off and if we are unsure of a situation then we get out of  it haha.

I'm excited for what 2015 has in store for me!!!

1 comment:

  1. The Bollywood party looks like it would have been fun!

    Sounds like a busy but eventful couple of weeks... here's hoping it's a great year!

    ReplyDelete