Sunday, 27 March 2016

Happy Easter / Chocolate Eating Day

Happy Easter / Chocolate Eating Day

Easter started off great for me on Good Friday with me being woken up by the sound of the congregation of my local church singing hymns.  Just to clarify (in case you're wondering), no I didn't wake up from a crazy night out in the grounds of my local church with a raging hangover.  My parents home is close to the church and because it was a nice day outside the doors of the Church must have been open.  I have to admit I thought I was dreaming at first because it's not the usual Friday morning affair but then I realised it was Good Friday.  I woke up smiling that's for sure.

My Mum has bought me an Easter Egg and a couple of bits of other chocolate for Easter because I can't take anything back to the States with me and as much as I love chocolate I can only eat so much in a couple of days.  One thing I am a firm believer in is chocolate should always be put in the fridge for a good day or so before it's eaten.  I love cold chocolate.

These are the Easter treats I got this year:






I only have a couple of more days left at home before heading back to the States.  The last couple of weeks have been amazing.  I've been able to see lots of family and friends, had lots of fun and got to meet my cousin's new baby who is now a whole 8 days old (she's a cutie).

Of course being at home has meant nights out with my girls:

Just your average billy bobette's ready for a night out haha

All smiles hanging out at my friends place before a night out

My nights out with my girls are always so much fun and it makes me realise how much I miss them when I am in the States,

Does my bum look big in this? lol

Enjoying a drink...or 10 lol

With a couple of my beautiful girls. 

I have been home for the past couple of weeks and I have had so much fun seeing friends and family and integrating back into the British way of life. Being home is always so amazing and when I got home it was like I had never been away.  I had obviously kept in very regular touch with everyone here while I was in the States but there's nothing like being with them in person.

My time at home is coming to an end and in just a few days it'll be time to say good to the UK and everything and everyone I love about this place and hello again to:

- Being that British girl

- Being the girl with the funny accent

- Being the girl with the even funnier accent when she's drunk (My Welsh accent)

- Being asked to say 'British words' because it's so cute

- Not always understanding my humour

- Being asked if I'm Australian!!! haha

- Back to spelling things a different way (Colour/Color, Labour/Labor, Mould/Mold, Tyre/Tire)

- Driving on the 'wrong' side of the road

- Back to having a million choices for everything

As much as I will miss being home, I love being in the States and I know as soon as I get back it'll be like I've never been away from there too.

This is the latest favourite song of mine which always gets me in the mood for a night out:


No comments:

Post a Comment